Measuring & Monitoring
Provincial Quality and Learning supports an information driven approach for planning, quality improvement and sustainment of health system changes. Working within the greater Health System Improvement and Quality (HSIQ) umbrella our measuring and monitoring team is now accepting request for data to support Manitoba’s Clinical and Preventative Services Plan (CPSP) change projects, targeted practice improvements (TPIs), and requests for provincial quality improvement intake submissions. Refer to the Data Request Intake page for more details.
We support Provincial Clinical Teams (PCT), Medical Specialty Leads (MSL), and HSC by providing, analyzing, reporting on, monitoring and interpreting data to support improved patient care by:
- Exploratory data analysis of large, complex health services data sets to identify provincial trends, national comparisons, dependencies, and patterns, and monitor outcomes and identify areas for quality improvement in alignment with CPSP, guided by the Manitoba Quality and Learning Framework (MQLF).
- Consolidating information from a variety of local, provincial and national sources, prepare and communicate information and construct reports that translate current and relevant data with a variety of tools such as data illustrations, visual maps, mind maps, information graphics.
- Developing quality measures, key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitor data trends to measure the effectiveness and sustainment of clinical changes, and to identify potential problem areas requiring attention.
- Assisting with business case development related to provincial quality projects.
- Understanding the clinical processes and enterprise applications that generate the datasets. Participate in data quality groups to ensure strong provincial data quality and standards.
We are now accepting requests for information via our Data Request Intake page.
Tools and resources to support an information driven approach for planning, quality improvement, and sustainment of health system changes.
- HSAL Information and Analytics
- Manitoba’s Patient Reported Measurement (PRM) Strategy
- Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Marc Silva, Provincial Measuring and Monitoring Lead
- Aaron Suggitt, Health Systems Quality and Analysis Lead
- Daniella Penner, Health Systems Quality and Analysis Lead
- Sharon Romaniw, Measuring and Monitoring Specialist
- Nathan Hoeppner, Health System Quality and Analysis Lead
- Jim Legeros, Health System Quality and Analysis Lead
- Lori Mitchell, Health System Quality and Analysis Lead
- Nelson Prudencio, Health System Quality and Analysis Lead
Contact us at SHQualityData@sharedhealthmb.ca.