Provincial Learning & Sharing
Shared Health’s Health Services Integration and Quality (HSIQ) Learning and Sharing Team champions a learning culture and drives enthusiasm for quality improvement and patient safety. We support the development of learning health systems to achieve the priorities of the successive five-year provincial Manitoba Provincial Clinical Services Plan (PCSP).
A learning health system is a system where “science, informatics, incentives, and culture are aligned for continuous improvement and innovation, with best practices seamlessly embedded in the delivery process and new knowledge captured as an integral by‐product of the delivery experience” (Institute of Medicine, 2015).
The Manitoba Quality and Learning Framework (MQLF) describes explicit principles for the never-ending, continuous pursuit of quality improvement. It defines dimensions of quality and identifies enablers of quality. The Framework describes how quality is everyone’s responsibility and provides the health system with common language to work collaboratively towards our goals.
The Learning and Sharing Team works with Quality, Patient Safety and Accreditation Leads in each of Manitoba’s Service Delivery Organizations (SDOs) as well as researchers, clinician scientists, and subject matter experts on various clinical topics. We work in partnership and support Provincial Clinical Teams, Targeted Practice Improvements, Patient Safety and Accreditation Teams.
Our initial areas of focus include:
- Creating a repository of provincial clinical tools and standards.
- Working with subject matter experts to develop, distribute, and maintain clinical educational tools and resources.
- Collaborating with healthcare providers from across Manitoba to share their stories of patient safety and quality improvement.
- Developing relationships with research, evaluation, and health system partners to support the implementation and continuous improvement of innovative and sustainable health services for Manitobans
Ethical decision making is a step-by-step process to get us to think about what makes something wrong or right. It is a critical part of providing high quality, safe care. This site shares tools, resources, and examples to promote ethical decision making.
Equity is a dimension identified in the Manitoba Quality and Learning Framework (2019). This site shares tools, resources, and examples to close health gaps and promote the opportunity for everyone to be healthy.
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Manitoba’s Health Information and Knowledge Network
- Shared Community
- WRHA Library Services
- Cheryl Harder, Applied Learning Consultant
- Jacek Murawski, Clinical Educator
Contact us at SHLearningSharing@sharedhealthmb.ca.