Training: Cancer Screening and CervixCheck Competency Training
Cancer Screening and CervixCheck Competency Training
The CancerCare Manitoba Screening Programs host training for healthcare providers (e.g. registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, licensed practical nurses, physicians, midwives, physician assistants or clinical assistants) in Manitoba seeking to:
- initiate learning about breast and colorectal cancer screening,
- initiate or refresh learning and competency about cervical cancer screening, or
- mentor colleagues to become competent in screening for cervical cancer.
- the support of their clinical team, and
- have secured a clinical preceptor for post-training consultation. For more information about preceptorship click here (pdf)
- We want to train healthcare providers who are or will be practicing cervical cancer screening on a regular basis.
- Space is limited. Those on the waitlist are offered a spot before a training is opened to all other clinicians.
- There is no registration fee for the training.
- Learners are responsible to cover all parking, food, transportation, and, if applicable, accommodation costs.
- If you have questions about the training, email us at Screening@cancercare.mb.ca.
For registration information click here.