Sexual Orientation Gender Identity & Expression (SOGIE) Workplace Allyship
You’ve seen the acronyms: LGBT, 2SLGBTQI, maybe even LGBTQQIP2SAA+, but what does it all mean? Fear not, we’re here to break it down for you. Maintaining a supportive and affirming space for individuals from the Sexual Orientation Gender Identity & Expression (SOGIE) community is critical. The key to developing successful and sustainable practices is learning the basics. Join us for a casual conversation, open Q&A, and leave with some tools that will level up your SOGIE Allyship long after the end of Pride Month.
During this workshop, participants will:
– Identify differences between sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and attraction
– Gain confidence using current terminology used to describe individuals from the SOGIE community
– Recognize common challenges that SOGIE individuals face in the workplace
– Understand the responsibilities leaders have to themselves, their teams, and their organizations
– Brainstorm ideas to boost workplace SOGIE inclusivity far beyond performative allyship
For registration information click here.