Mental Health Awareness
This workshop focuses on the difference between mental health and mental illness, as well as common symptoms and available resources. It also helps dispel some of the myths and stigma surrounding mental illness. Some questions and
topics for discussion include:
- What is mental health?
- What is mental illness?
- What are some of the myths that surround mental illness?
- What are some of our own biases towards, and judgements about, people experiencing mental illness?
- Who is affected by mental illness?
- How prevalent are mental illnesses in Canada?
- What are some of the more common mental illnesses, and what are the symptoms?
- How can we help someone who is struggling with a mental illness?
- How can we support their loved ones?
- What are some resources we can provide to those who need help?
Registration for all these workshops is through the LMS.