Information and Communication — Good for Everyone
- Title: Information and Communication — Good for Everyone
- Date: Thursday, June 2, 2022
- Time: 1:00-3:00 PM CDT.
Details: The webinar will be presented in English with English-ASL Interpretation and automatic captioning. Please indicate your disability accommodations during registration. The day before the event, you will receive a password protected Zoom event link, and instructions.
You will Learn About
- The importance and benefits of digital accessibility.
- The basics of accessibility legislation in Manitoba and Canada.
- How some people access digital materials.
- Practical tips on how to start removing barriers, and making digital materials and media more accessible, for people with different disabilities.
- Introductory remarks by the Honourable Rochelle Squires, Minister of Families and Minister responsible for Accessibility
- Presentation by the Manitoba Accessibility Office on the new Accessibility Standard for Information and Communication
- Keynote presentation by Lisa Snider, Senior Consultant, Trainer and Owner of Access Changes Everything Inc.
- Question and answer period (for pre-submitted and live questions)
For more ways to get involved in MAAW, including images to use on social media, please visit: AccessibilityMB.ca/MAAW.html