Health Behaviour Change Training Part 2: Core Practices
Start the Conversation!
Why do some people not follow evidence informed advice that will help prevent negative health outcomes?
How do you know when someone is ready to make a change?
Combining Motivational Interviewing (MI) and basic counselling skills, Health Behaviour Change (HBC)
helps reframe your conversation to identify someone’s readiness to change and barriers they are
This training is encouraged as a core competency for all health professionals and can also serve as a
refresher for those who have taken MI training.
With Health Behaviour Change skills you can:
• Meet individuals where they are at
• Collaborate to support their autonomy
• Increase the odds that individuals will make and maintain changes
• Reduce missed appointments and re-admissions
• Improve overall quality and meaningfulness of conversations and interactions
To view the poster with more information, click here.
Registration for all sessions can be found on the LMS. HBC Part 1 must be completed online before the date of your Part 2 course.