Dealing with Patient and Caregiver Bias: Recommendations for Physicians, Healthcare Providers & Medical Centres
Doctor’s Manitoba is promoting the sixth session in our Leadership for Equity: Expanding Inclusive Medical Culture series, “Dealing with Patient and Caregiver Bias: Recommendations for Physicians, Healthcare Providers & Medical Centres,” led by Kimani Paul-Emile, PhD.
Date: October 24, 2023
Time: 6:30 PM — 8:00 PM CST, followed by an opportunity to participate in a debrief led by Valerie Williams
Format: Virtual via Zoom
At the end of the session, attendees will be able to state:
- The ethical and legal considerations for healthcare leaders, learners, providers, and health centres when dealing with patients who discriminate against healthcare team members or request reassignment based on their healthcare team member’s race or ethnicity;
- How to effectively balance patients’ and caregivers’ interests, healthcare learners’ or personnels’ employment rights, and healthcare centres’ duty to treat patients under these circumstances; and
- The factors to consider when drafting or reviewing an organizational policy to address patient’s and caregiver’s biased behavior toward healthcare workers.
- Leadership for Equity series webpage
- Social media links to repost/share (graphic attached):
Register for this session here
Questions – contact Kate McIntyreshe/her/hers
Physician Peer Support Project Coordinator